Mail Order Delivery Explained
- PLEASE NOTE that due the coronavirus issues, although we are definitely still operating our mail order service, there may be delays in despatching and delivering your order as we and the couriers are running on reduced staff numbers and a higher than normal number of parcels. Therefore we are unable to offer any refunds for delayed parcels at this time. Our courier is no longer expected to get a signature from you but they will need a full name to sign for you on delivery, so it would be helpful if you are at home when the delivery comes. As this is more likely to be the case at present then accepting a delivery should be no problem. If you are self isolating then the driver will be able to leave the parcel outside your door. Please indicate this on your door with your full name if you are expecting a parcel. Thank you for your orders, support and cooperation during this difficult time.
- We offer 2 main delivery services: Standard and Express. Orders need to be received by 12noon in order to go out the same day as our carrier collects just after midday.
- Standard is a 2 working day service so for example if we despatch on a Monday it will be delivered on Wednesday. However, if your order is received after 12noon on a Wednesday then this will not be despatched until the following Monday. Otherwise, a Thursday despatch will mean two extra days in transit over the weekend, which we try to avoid.
- Express is next working day delivery so we will despatch Monday to Thursday for delivery to be made Tuesday to Friday. If Monday delivery is required we could send on Friday by express delivery only which is then essentially being delivered on the next working day. This is only done in favourable weather, not freezing winters.
- Saturday delivery is available as a next day option at an additional cost.
- Surcharges are also made for certain postcodes that include Highlands and Islands & Northern Ireland.
- PLEASE NOTE From 21st May 2018 there may be a £2.50 surcharge on any order that requires a box 1.1m - 1.5m in length as we are now being charged a manual handling surcharge on long items. If over 1.5m in length this will be too long and will be unable to be sent. If your order warrants the surcharge we will contact you to process this additional payment.
- A signature is required on delivery so please make sure you request a day when someone will be available to sign for the parcel, or deliver to a neighbour, or workplace. If you wish for it to be left in a safe place, we can put this on the parcel but it is down to the driver as to whether they will leave it without a signature.
- If you have any query or require delivery on a particular day then please do call first to check. There are sometimes circumstances when mail order is suspended or delayed, in these instances we will try to email you with a confirmation of when the delivery is expected.
- For very small items we may able to send by Royal Mail at a reduced cost, please enquire for an individual quote for your order.
- Any refunds available for late or non delivery of orders is at the discretion of the company depending on the circumstances.
Express Delivery £14.99
An overnight service recommended for orchid orders, especially in the winter, to minimise time in transit. Monday to Thursday despatch days
Standard Delivery £11.99
A two day service ideal for sundries and compost, also can be selected for orchid orders in the warmer weather. Monday to Wednesday despatch days
Before Noon Delivery £19.99
Delivery before noon on a weekday for any orchid or sundries order. Monday to Thursday despatch days
Saturday Delivery £25.99
For any orchid or sundries delivery. Friday despatch day
20L and 60L bags cannot be sent with plants so need to have a separate £11.99 delivery charge, per bag.
Delivery to Scottish Highlands & Islands and the Isle of Man £25.99
For orchids and sundries orders.
For all UK addresses, we can sometimes send small items by cheaper methods so please ask for a quote.
Orchids to Northern Ireland
A Phytosanitary Certificate is now required to do this. This is issued by a Plant Health Inspector who comes to the nursery, inspects the plants and issues the certificate. This obviously all takes time and cost. The cost is being waived during a grace period until the end of March 2021, but after that there will be a charge. More about all this can be found on this website here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/export-plants-and-plant-products-from-great-britain-and-northern-ireland
CITES permits are now also required for Northern Ireland and as these are £90 per genus, it has become to expensive for most customers to order. Phalaenopsis, Dendrobium, Vanda and Cymbidium hybrids are exempt from CITES.
Republic of Ireland & EU delivery
At present we are not sending out of the UK into the EU. Post Brexit there are now CITES permits and Phytosanitary Certificates that need to be obtained in order to trade with many orchids out of the UK and the high cost of these is extremely prohibitive especially to our customers. We are currently letting the dust settle after Brexit and later we will make further investigations into the paperwork required, costs and if there is any leeway to any particular countries. We are very sorry that we are at present unable to help our European customers but we do hope to again in the future.
Delivery to Countries Outside the EU:
We are not currently sending to countries outside the EU.