- BURNHAM NURSERIES is situated in picturesque
South Devon and is a family business run by the Rittershausens
since 1950 and now in its third generation.
- We have the largest selection of orchid species
and hybrids available in the UK and our nursery can
be visited any time of the year. We are open
7 days a week from 10am to 4pm and plenty of free
help and advice is always on hand! For a selection of
the most popular orchids available at the moment Click
- All year round we travel the length and breadth of
the British Isles to bring orchids nearer to you via our
special Orchid Days at Garden Centres around the
country. We also attend many specialist orchid
events both large and small
throughout the year so there is bound to an exhibition
in your area at some point. We have exhibited at
The Chelsea Flower Show for
52 consecutive years where we have been awarded 20
Gold Medals. For
more information on all our events through the year go
to our Orchid Diary
is our unique permanent, ever-changing orchid display house
- Even if you know nothing about orchids you will enjoy
browsing and admiring nature at its most amazing!
- Our displays are ever-changing with the seasons all
the year round so come along and marvel at the world's
largest family of plants.
- Many of the orchids on show are part of the nursery's
collection built up over 60 years. These plants are grown
for exhibition and propagation and many won't be found
anywhere else in the UK.
- There is a small £2.50 admission charge
to Orchid Paradise, Orchid Society members
are free. Groups are welcome with plenty of
parking available. Prior booking for large parties
is appreciated and group rates
are available with optional guided tours. Our Coffee
Shop is open for delicious light refreshments.
- Orchids are easier to grow than you think
so if you want to have a go then plenty of free help and
advice is on hand.
- We are open every day 10am-4pm, check
our opening times for
Christmas and New Year closure.