Mail Order Delivery Explained
- We offer 2 main delivery services: Standard and Express. Orders need to be received by 12noon in order to go out the same day as our carrier collects just after midday.
- Standard is a 2 working day service so for example if we despatch on a Monday it will be delivered on Wednesday. However, if your order is received after 12noon on a Wednesday then this will not be despatched until the following Monday. Otherwise, a Thursday despatch will mean two extra days in transit over the weekend, which we try to avoid.
- Express is next working day delivery so we will despatch Monday to Thursday for delivery to be made Tuesday to Friday. If Monday delivery is required we could send on Friday by express delivery only which is then essentially being delivered on the next working day. This is only done in favourable weather, not freezing winters.
- Saturday delivery is available as a next day option at an additional cost.
- Surcharges are also made for certain postcodes that include Highlands and Islands & Northern Ireland.
- PLEASE NOTE From 21st May 2018 there may be a £2.50 surcharge on any order that requires a box 1.1m - 1.5m in length as we are now being charged a manual handling surcharge on long items. If over 1.5m in length this will be too long and will be unable to be sent. If your order warrants the surcharge we will contact you to process this additional payment.
- A signature is required on delivery so please make sure you request a day when someone will be available to sign for the parcel, or deliver to a neighbour, or workplace. If you wish for it to be left in a safe place, we can put this on the parcel but it is down to the driver as to whether they will leave it without a signature.
- If you have any query or require delivery on a particular day then please do call first to check. There are sometimes circumstances when mail order is suspended or delayed, in these instances we will try to email you with a confirmation of when the delivery is expected.
- For very small items we may able to send by Royal Mail at a reduced cost, please enquire for an individual quote for your order.
- Any refunds available for late or non delivery of orders is at the discretion of the company depending on the circumstances.
Express Delivery £14.99
An overnight service recommended for orchid orders, especially in the winter, to minimise time in transit.
Standard Delivery £11.99
A two day service ideal for sundries and compost, also can be selected for orchid orders in the warmer weather.
Before Noon Delivery £19.99
Delivery before noon on a weekday for any orchid or sundries order.
Saturday Delivery £25.99
For any orchid or sundries delivery.
Delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands & Islands and the Isle of Man £25.99
For orchids and sundries orders.
For all UK addresses, we can sometimes send small items by cheaper methods so please ask for a quote.
Republic of Ireland & EU delivery
This will vary due to the size of plants and destination so please contact us and you will receive an individual quote for delivery. Payment can be arranged after the total has been calculated.
20L and 70L bags cannot be sent with plants so need to have a separate £11.99 delivery charge, per bag.
Delivery to Countries Outside the EU:
These destinations require import and export certificates, please contact us for details.